This page gives a bit more detail about having the harp on your wedding day.
It is just a guide though, every wedding is different, so let me know what you have in mind.
In the ceremony I usually play:
- As guests are seated, 30 minutes before KO.
- The bridal entrance – I’m happy to arrange a song if you had something in mind here, likewise Canon in D and the bridal marches are both popular choices.
- Signing of registrar – one or two pieces work best here. Again I can arrange something new for you or recommend pieces.
- The exit of the bride and groom – a bright, lively song always goes down well here along with all the cheers.
Some couples prefer to keep things more classical in the ceremony and then swing to the modern songs later in the day. That’s absolutely fine.
- Pachelbel – Canon in D (extract) – a popular choice at weddings, here is an extract of my arrangement.
“Had so many compliments! Everyone thought you were amazing so thank you so much! Xxx”
Louise and Josh – Wedding, Friday 3rd August 2018
Drinks reception and wedding breakfast
For these parts I have found a varied set goes down best. With such a range of ages and musical interests at most family weddings, a varied mix offers something for everyone.
Though I can also tailor my set to your tastes. In the past I’ve played Disney themed wedding sets, fesitval anthem themed wedding sets and vintage themed sets to name a few.
Let me know what you have in mind, or I’m happy to make recommendations.
Also check out my videos page.
“Thanks mark for your amazing peformances !! Shame I didn’t see a lot of it but the guests loved it and got them guessing the tunes !! Amazing”
Richard and Helena – Wedding, Friday 31st August 2018